Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cheesy Peas & Pasta and Some Yummy Yummy Carrot Fries

As I said before, there are winners in the blog recipe universe, and there are some losers.  Unfortunately, Sam and I really didn't care for the Cheesy Peas & Pasta.  I thought it had way too much garlic, and it just had an odd flavor.  It was really pretty, but not so tasty - I didn't even finish mine.  So take a look at the recipe, see if it looks like it might be your favorite food ever.  If not, I would advise skipping it.  If you do decide to go ahead with it, however, I'd advise using either 3 small cloves of garlic or 2 medium to large cloves.  Instead of putting all four ramekins in the oven as advised in the recipe, I only put in the two we were eating this evening and put the other two in the refrigerator for tomorrow, though I may just make Sam eat both servings.  Bleh.

The carrot fries, however, were pretty good!  I'll probably use a little less oil next time.  I don't really measure things very often anymore and I think I put a bit too much.  Hopefully if I do that they'll be a bit crispier, but they were still quite enjoyable.  I put some seasoned salt in with the pepper to season them, and the flavor was very nice.  An easy way to eat a vegetable, for sure.  They would be great with a burger or any other food you would typically eat fries with.  I think I'll probably make some more for the party we're throwing this weekend.

Carrot Fries (adapted from Sweet Treats and More):
5 medium carrots, rinsed and peeled
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
ground black pepper, to taste

Cut carrots in half or quarters lengthwise.  Toss in olive oil, then add seasonings and toss.  Place in single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  Eat immediately - they are not nearly as good cold.

Do you think you'll make either of these recipes?  If you're not a vegetable fan, how do you get yourself to eat them?

No comments:

Post a Comment