Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Best Creamy Mashed Potatoes!

Mashed potatoes, to me, are the ultimate comfort food.  They are nice and buttery, creamy, and take very little effort to eat.  Whenever I used to come home from school sick, I always wanted a bowl of mashed potatoes.  Back then, though, I made them from those dehydrated potato flakes.  Bleck.  Now, however, I have discovered a much better method.  These things are like candy.  I lick the bowl/beater as if it were a savory potato frosting.  They are delicious.  Hope you enjoy as much as I do!



Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes


5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into about 1" pieces
4-5 small, or 3 large, garlic cloves (adjust to your liking)
5 cups chicken broth (I use water and bouillon cubes)
1/2 cup light cream
3 tablespoons butter
Salt & Pepper to taste

Place potatoes, peeled garlic cloves, and water in a large pot and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.  Cover and boil 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.  Drain, reserving the broth.

Mash potatoes and garlic together with 1/4 cup of the broth, cream, and butter.  Add salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.  Add additional broth, if needed, until desired consistency.  Nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment